DATA:Scotland is Scotland’s data community event. Bringing experts and attendees together, this free to attend conference is about sharing knowledge and insight through hour-long talks which discuss new data technologies and techniques, to help to solve problems and propose solutions. Sessions cater for all skill levels from introductory talks to deep-dive presentations. At DATA:Scotland you can engage with experts and network with peers in the data community.
Founded in 2017, we have grown from strength to strength. We are organised BY community volunteers FOR the data community.
In running this event we aim for several key objectives:
- Encourage and enable the data platform community to grow in Glasgow, Scotland & the UK as a whole.
- Attract world class speakers to come and speak at DATA:Scotland and to the Scottish data community at regular user group events.
- Provide a platform for high quality training to be accessible to all, with no financial barriers.
- Encourage training at all levels of skill, from beginner sessions to advanced deep-dive sessions
- Provide opportunities for new members of the data community to speak and share their knowledge at future meetings and events.
- Encourage the Scottish data community to contribute to the UK and wider data community.
- Establish long term relationships with our sponsors and organisations supporting the data community.
- Support other technical user groups in Scotland through advertising and with a platform to share info. (SQL, PowerShell, Azure etc).