DATA:Scotland is an independent free training, community event focused on the Microsoft Data Platform and related technologies, founded in 2017. It is organised by community volunteers for the community.
In running this event we aim for several key objectives:
- Encourage and enable the data platform community to grow in Glasgow, Scotland & the UK as a whole.
- Attract world class speakers to come and speak at DATA:Scotland and to the Scottish community at regular user group events.
- Provide a platform for high quality training to be accessible to all, with no or minimal financial barriers.
- Encourage training at all levels of skill, from beginner sessions to advanced deep-dive sessions
- Provide opportunities for new members of the data platform community to speak and share their knowledge at future meetings and events.
- Encourage the Scottish community to contribute to the UK and wider data platform community.
- Establish long term relationships with our sponsors.
- Support other user groups in Scotland. (SQL, PowerShell, Azure etc).